Taxi Medicals (Taxi, Hackney & Minicab)
Looking for a taxi medical in Wigan? Why pay a fortune for your taxi medical?
At Manchester Medicals, we know how important a valid medical is for your livelihood. We aim to provide a professional cost-effective service at a time that suits you.
Many GPs charge over £100 for taxi medicals, and you may have to wait upwards of 3 weeks to be seen. We can provide your medical – often at short notice and at substantially lower cost than your own GP.
We are just a short hop up the motorway from Wigan, via the M6/M62 or the M61.
Get your taxi medical for the Wigan area for just £50. Schedule your assessment now!
GMC Accredited Doctors Wigan
We are a qualified taxi medical provider with years of experience.
Your taxi medical will be carried out by a UK qualified doctor who will discuss your medical history, perform an examination, and carry out a range of tests including a urine test for diabetes, a blood pressure test and an eye test.
The medical will take around 30 minutes and you will be given your completed medical paperwork on the day of the medical.
Taxi Medical Form Wigan Council
Your taxi medical will be completed on the form provided by your local authority, which you must obtain and bring to your medical. Download the medical form for Wigan Council here. Print this form out, fill in any parts you are requested to before your medical, and bring this form with you for your appointment.
What to Bring for Your Taxi Medical?
- Photo ID (passport or driving licence)
- Your driving glasses and recent optician’s prescription
- Details of any medication you are taking and any ongoing medical problems. It is important you obtain and bring a ‘summary printout’ of your medical records from your GP practice – you should be able to request this free of charge. When booking your medical, please allow for the time it may take to obtain this from your GP.
- Your taxi medical form from Wigan Council.
- N.B. We can perform taxi medicals for ANY AREA, but some councils stipulate that only the driver’s ‘OWN GP’ can fill in the paperwork – IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THIS BEFORE BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When do I need a taxi medical?
You will need a medical on first application of your taxi/hackney/private hire vehicle, then every 3-5 years afterwards for renewals. You may be required to undergo more frequent medicals from the age of 45.
2. What if I have diabetes?
If you use insulin, you may be able to obtain a valid taxi medical, but you will need to be seeing a diabetes specialist annually and keeping a record of twice daily blood sugar testing.
3. What about heart problems?
You will need a treadmill test every 3 years in order to hold a taxi licence if you have ever had ischaemic heart disease (angina, coronary artery bypass graft, a heart attack or coronary stent insertion).
Contact us today to schedule your taxi medical for Wigan.